November 5, 2020
We can continue fishing during the latest Lockdown and as long as we follow the Government's Rules there should be no reason why things will change. You will notice below a list of rules we need to follow during these Covid Times to make this to happen
These rules must be adhered to when fishing society waters with no exceptions. Remember these rules are for you, your family, friends and fellow members safety.
ANGLING ON WATFORD PISCATORS WATERS IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING RULES - PLEASE PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO ALL CLUB AND FISHERY NOTICES - IF UNSURE, CONTACT A BAILIFF OR COMMITTEE MEMBER
1. Angling to be undertaken with one other person unless with family members – social distancing of 2 metres in accordance with Government guidelines must always be maintained. Members must stay in their swim and must not walk around the Complex unless using the toilet facilities or collected takeaway meals from the front gate.
2. If at any time the Complex is busy, a booking system may be implemented.
3.Anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19, or who shares a household with any individual displaying symptoms, should not go fishing, and should continue to follow Government advice on isolation.
4. NOTE: Water Management may from time to time need to close lakes or swims - please respect this.
5. All Members on club waters must carry personal hand sanitiser, personal handwash, personal toilet paper, and a hand towel. Use the provided disinfectant spray on entry and exit, at all gates and locks, and before and after use of toilet doors.
6. All Members must follow current Government guidance on travel for the beneﬁt of recreational activity.
7. All Members must be in possession of the relevant EA fishing licence and up-to-date Club permit. Our Bailiffs will be checking documents, and you will be asked to leave if you cannot produce these documents when asked to do so.
8. NO sharing of ﬁshing tackle or any other items.
9. Night fishing is allowed, but you must obey any of the rules listed.
10. When requested, the member should provide his/her name and membership number for “track & trace” purposes.
11. NO keepnets or competition ﬁshing.
12. On-site toilets - One person to use toilets at a time. Members to bring their own toilet paper, hand-wash, and personal towel.
13. All Members to remove all their rubbish from the site at the end of their fishing session.
14. Members should attempt to park cars at least 2 metres apart.
15. There will be NO claiming of a swim by placing a bucket or any other part of Members Fishing tackle in a swim for long periods. You are only allowed to ‘reserve’ swims with a bucket or item of tackle for 30 minutes maximum – then you MUST either move in and set up, or leave the swim empty for others to fish
16. Takeaway meals are allowed to be delivered to the front gates and collected by the member at the front gates.
17. Once you have set up your swim, you must remain in your swim until you decide to leave the Complex. You MAY NOT leave your swim and return later.
18. Tolpits Ebury Way Bank will remain closed for angling for the duration of the current Lockdown due to social distancing rules.
19. USE the Main Gate Sanitiser Station before entry and after exiting the Complex. ALL members MUST use hand sanitiser before and after touching the lock. You MUST rub hand sanitiser in for a minimum of 20 seconds on your hands to help stop the spread.
20. You MUST use the Track and Trace Station in the Main Car Park or the Lodge Porch, follow the instructions given.
ANYONE FOUND ABUSING THE ABOVE WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE COMPLEX AND THEIR KEY AND PERMIT WILL BE CONFISCATED PENDING A DISCIPLINARY HEARING – REMEMBER THAT THESE PRECAUTIONS ARE IN PLACE TO PROTECT YOUR WELL-BEING AND THAT OF OTHER MEMBERS.
From time to time there maybe changes to the above, these will be shown on our Facebook and Website pages as well as throughout our Complex.
Take Great Care.
Receive news from this iconic Hertfordshire Club Water plus tips and offers from our associated tackle shops and bait suppliers